Wednesday, June 26, 2019

frog

last night i dreamt that i had to perform a spell on my snake that turned him into a tiny green tree frog. or maybe i had to perform a spell that transferred my snakes soul from his body into the body of a preexisting tree frog? i don't remember why i had to do it, but i had to do it. it made me feel nervous and uncomfortable but i knew that for whatever reason, in this parallel universe it was the right thing to do, so i did it anyway. it worked and i think my snake just vanished and then the little frog hopped out of the tank and all around one of my bedroom walls and around my window and i panicked and became filled with regret about my decision to perform this spell, afraid i was about to lose my tiny snake frog forever. but he jumped back into the tank and i was able to shut the lid. good boy. 

i sat on my bed and took a deep breath, but before i had even finished exhaling i noticed a skinny green snake was now in the tank, and my snake was also back. they were fighting. i think at this point in the dream that thing happened to me that happens in dreams sometimes where you either become physically paralyzed, or become an outsider who is looking in on what is taking place in your dream; like reading a book or watching a movie. either way, i was now unable to touch anything in my bedroom, let alone in my snakes bedroom. the green imposter snake and my seraphic little white snake twisted and coiled and writhed, swelled and diminished and then swelled in size again, orbited around the four walls of the tank until it was tipping and shaking and rocking violently on top of my vanity. i felt scared, irresponsible, disgusted, ashamed. and then i felt very, very small. i was looking at the ceiling of my room but my head and my eyes were facing forward, i was moving up my bedroom wall very quickly, and i felt okay again. i think i was the frog.

usually i just write my dreams down to myself in a notebook that i use exclusively for dream documentation and moon manifestation rituals whenever i perform those, but i've been royally sucking dick at updating this blog as of late so i decided to flesh this one out a little more here. if i had written it in my notebook i probably would have just said:

i turn snake into green frog
green snake appear fighting my snake
then i was the frog

a book i have about dream interpretation says that a dream about a frog is a symbol of transformation and rebirth, i may be coming to the end of a phase, and the frog promises me new opportunities. that sounds nice. i don't know if i believe in interpreting dreams, at least not in a manner so straightforward that objects, creatures, occurrences, and feelings can all be translated and organized encyclopedia style in a book. but i do think that dreams have significance and paying them attention can help you learn things about the world inside of yourself and about the one outside of yourself, too. in 2016 i had elaborate, vivid, cinematic dreams about various apocalyptic global demises at least thrice a week for over a year. they were all beautiful and terrifying and i'm glad that they stopped. i'm also glad my snakes okay. a tiny, bright-colored frog would make a cute pet for a person living in a small apartment to own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment